The Champ’s Portfolio Guide
Your portfolio can be called a works gallery, a portfolio or your projects. They are all a way to prove you can do what you say. Underestimate this at your peril.
Challenges you face with your website gallery
These are important to consider when updating and creating yours.
- Your website visitors have short attention spans so won’t read loads
- They only want to see what’s relevant to them and their situation
- Everyone has a good gallery these days so it’s hard to stand out
- Keeping it updated can be a pain and easily forgotten
Top tips to create a portfolio that sells
Use these top tips to create the gallery you need to show off your worth.
- It’s the best of the best so, be selective in what you show and don’t add too much
- Only show high-quality images and avoid fake stock images
- Show key statistics that your clients care about
- Talk about the real problem you solved in the first place
- Show before and after transformations where relevant
- Don’t include process or progress images here
Here are a few examples of some effective website portfolios
My top tip for you
Is Key service stats! Well, that’s what I call them.
What two or three key bits of info can you highlight on each project that your perfect client will care about.
Could be something like project value, job size, location or turnaround.
Check out LNM’s website gallery here Lnm Projects.
We added in info that focused on scale and fast turnaround.
What do your clients care about?
What could you include that makes you better than the next service provider?
- Review once a quarter
- Have a maximum number of projects
- Only show your best projects
Take action today and update your website’s gallery…It’s a massive trust factor when your clients choose a company.
Chow for now.